ELIGIBILITY: The Drawing is open only to persons 18 years of age or older as of 07/21/2013
Employees of the sponsors, prize suppliers, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and employees' household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter the Drawing.
TIMING: The Drawing ends at 5:00 PM on 07/21/2013
HOW TO ENTER: Limit, One photo per day. To enter, fully complete the electronic web form (all required information/fields must be fully and accurately completed) through the link below.
1. PRIZES, GENERAL:
Boreal Baffin P2
The sponsor provides no warranties regarding the prize item and is awarding the prize item on an as-is basis except for any standard written manufacturer warranty statement that may be provided with the prize item. The prize is nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. No substitution for cash or other items may be made. Prize recipient is responsible for picking up prize at a Boreal Designs Dealer and the kayak’s color and model is dependant upon the inventory.
2. DRAWING: On or about 07/21/2013, the winner will be selected from all eligible entries received. This Drawing is conducted by the Publisher of Sea Kayaker magazine and members of the Kayak Distribution staff whose decisions on all matters related to this Drawing shall be final and binding. All participants as well as those selected as potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all such requirements.
3. NOTIFICATION: The Winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail within about 15 days of the Drawing. The official paperwork will be sent via the US Postal Service and must be returned within 15 days of the notification postmark. The winner must return a Delivery Confirmation with the following documents: the Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and a Publicity Release (correctly completed and executed by winner). Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case the prize will be awarded to an alternate participant selected by Drawing.
4. RELEASE: By participating in the Drawing and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release, and hold harmless the Sea Kayaker magazine, Kayak Distribution and Take marine products, the Prize Supplier, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies' officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively "Releasees") from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Drawing, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Drawing prize, and/or participation in a Drawing prize-related activity. By participating in the Drawing and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor and the Prize Supplier the right to freely and exclusively use, publish, and display a participant's/winner's first name and beginning initial of their last name and entry form information, to interview, audio tape, photograph, and video a winner, and in perpetuity to freely and exclusively use, publish, or display a participant/winner's statements, quotations, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, biographical information, prize information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor/Prize Supplier) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all with out additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due, or misdirected; b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Drawing, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner, or the distribution/awarding of the prize; c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Drawing. In the event that the Drawing is infected by a computer virus/worm or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of the Sponsor corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Drawing, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Drawing. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website mentioned above, and a winner will be determined solely by Sponsor in a random Drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
6. Photo Submissions
. minimal resolution and file format All digital files must be 5 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or JPG format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image).
. Hi Resolution Images: All submissions must have an original Hi Ressolution image of at least 300 DPI for print use.
. Max submission per day : a Maximum of 1 photo per day .
. The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Contest entrant. By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph.
. Watermarks are not acceptable
. By entering the Contest, all entrants grant an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to Authorized Parties, to reproduce, distribute, display and create derivative works of the entries (along with a name credit) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, in any media now or hereafter known, including, but not limited to: Display at a potential exhibition of winner; publication in Seakayaker magazine or online highlighting entries or winners of the Contest. Entrants consent to the Sponsor doing or omitting to do any act that would otherwise infringe the entrant’s “moral rights” in their entries. Display or publication of any entry on an Authorized Party’s website does not indicate the entrant will be selected as a winner. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use. Additionally, by entering, each entrant grants to Authorized Parties the unrestricted right to use all statements made in connection with the Contest, and pictures or likenesses of Contest entrants, or choose not to do so, at their sole discretion. Authorized Parties will not be required to pay any additional consideration or seek any additional approval in connection with such use.
· If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, trojan horses, denial of service attacks, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sea Kayaker magazine that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sea Kayaker magazine reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual(s) who tamper with the entry process, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. If Sponsor elects to cancel or terminate the Contest, Sponsor will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs.
7. LAWS: Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted.
By clicking, I have read and agree to the Official 2013 Survey Rules.